SPS Flyer Distribution Policy
Our district cooperates with approved community partners by posting electronic flyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery. It is our belief that this system will be more efficient for all parties and better ensure that information gets in the hands of students' parents and guardians.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online.
Please note: You will need to submit a digital copy of your flyer. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Visit www.peachjar.com.
- Read about how PeachJar works and the costs associated.
- Register as an Enrichment / Community Org. (account type).
- Note: There are 22 schools in our district, including 12 elementaries, 5 middle schools, and 5 high schools (including charters).
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school. There is no charge for free activities or events. Click here to see a sample cost/benefit analysis.
Flyer Approval Guidelines
- To assure equal access to opportunities, as a general rule flyers must be distributed to all elementary (12 schools), middle (5 schools) or high schools (5 schools). Exceptions may be made for localized activities.
- Flyers should also be submitted in both English and Spanish if at all possible.
Flyers that are approved for distribution in our district must be deemed beneficial to students and families. Schools are central parts of our communities. Flyers notifying families of educational physical activities and family-oriented enrichment activities are important, and these opportunities are beneficial to our school community.
Any flyer shared must offer educational and/or extracurricular learning opportunities for students, families and staff. Springfield Public Schools does not permit commercial advertising at any of its facilities.
Flyers, advertisements, and materials regarding activities, learning opportunities, or services that are sponsored or offered by an individually operated business or for-profit organization will not be allowed.
This includes, but is not limited to private musical instrument lessons, senior portrait providers, financial services providers, day care providers, local retailers, local restaurants, athletic/fitness organizations, youth sports clinics and camps, etc., unless the information is provided as part of a wellness initiative or has otherwise been solicited by the District on behalf of students and/or staff.
Flyers from for-profit organizations promoting FREE activities will be considered for distribution.
Tips for Designing Effective e-Flyers
Note that since images of flyers are displayed on people’s devices, organizations will want to create visually appealing flyers. Canva.com is one free and easy online resource to create flyers; there are many others available. See guidelines below for creating flyers.
- Use colorful graphics and photos, not black and white text.
- Add your registration URL during the upload process AND embed it into your flyer document before you save it as a pdf.
- If your event takes place off campus, add a mapping address as you post your flyer. That way, parents will be able to see your event location.
- During the upload process, create a descriptive “Title” for your flyer.
- Use large colorful graphics to make it easy for parents to read on their smartphones.
- Use large fonts and lengthen your flyer to several pages if necessary.